This morning, I had written a blog about the things I was thankful for and for some reason deleted it. I just wasn’t sure how that fit into Becoming Last. However, as I thought more about it, I realized how silly that was. Thankfulness is a key component in Becoming Last. When I realize how blessed I am, it’s easier to serve others. The hardest times to serve are when I’m in a “pity me” type mood.
I’m thankful for…
- a God who created us with the capacity to smile, laugh, and play.
- my wife and little boy. Each day in the news, there is always a story of families losing loved ones. It makes me more appreciative of the time I get to spend with my family.
- all those who volunteered to provide meals for a friend who just had surgery. You are all awesome.
- the people who work in non-profit jobs that pay way less than what they could be making, but do awesome work.
- God’s mercy and love. I can be a bonehead sometimes. I may not show all the “outward” signs, but I am the chief of sinners.
- rich people problems. I get frustrated over bills, cars, electronics breaking, and other things like that. It’s good to take a step back and realize how my problems are more of inconvenience than anything else.
Just a short list for now. If you’re still reading, thanks for reading! Take some time to think about what you are thankful for today and use that as motivation to love others better.
What are you thankul for?